Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty
Is Putin 'Rebuilding Russia' According To Solzhenitsyn's Design?
In recent remarks, Russian President Vladimir Putin seemed to call into question Kazakhstan's legitimacy as a country, comments that echoed statements he made before the current crisis in Ukraine. His geopolitical vision for a "greater Russia" reminds some of a 1990 essay by Nobel laureate Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.
- In Beslan, Struggle For A 'New Life' Decade After Tragedy
- Ukrainian Woman Tells Of Public Abuse At Hands Of Pro-Moscow Separatists
- Iranian Women's Monthly Under Pressure From Hard-Liners
- A Kosovo Mother's Plea: 'Bring My Boy Back' -- From Syria
- Interview: Will A Tusk Presidency Help EU Look East?